As a part of AOL’s ‘Citizen AOL’ program, the American media technology company is giving three Australian entrepreneurs in the non-profit sector the opportunity to grab dedicated desks in AOL’s Sydney CBD office.
The Australian startup support program #DeskAid is all about giving early stage non-profit companies access to a community of experienced and well-connected professionals, opportunities to brainstorm and plan with a variety of mentors; and a fun and dynamic office space in Sydney with plenty of perks.
Back in 2010, a Productivity Commission’s report Contribution of the Not-for-profit Sector estimated that there were roughly 600,000 not-for-profits in Australia. The sector covers pretty much anything you can think of- health, social services, education, sport and recreation, arts and culture, environment, animal welfare, human rights and religious practices. The list goes on.
AOL is giving up to three entrepreneurs in the non-profit sector the opportunity to work alongside the team for six months or more. The list of perks includes:
- Three dedicated desks in AOL’s Sydney CBD office with water views. That’s either one desk for three different not for profit entrepreneurs or up to three desks for one entrepreneur and their colleagues.
- Brainpower from 25 ad tech experts – each will provide one hour a month in the form of ad support, website troubleshooting, insights into what other brands are doing with their marketing or leveraging partnerships to assist.
- High speed wi-fi and printing supplies.
- Meeting rooms.
- Bi-weekly boot camp exercise program run by a team member.
- Showers and change rooms.
- Use of ping pong table.
- Access to bicycles for inner city commuting.
- Access to a weekly Pilates teacher.
What do you need to do in order to succeed?
- Complete and submit the form below before midnight on 15 July 2016.
- Up to six applicants will be invited to come in and pitch to our leadership team. We won’t be looking for a fancy pitch – we’re most interested in the most passionate pitchers who have a very clear idea of what they are trying to achieve and what they plan to do to succeed. The pitching will take place on 8 August 2016.
- The winning entrepreneurs will be announced 10 August 2016 and the desks will be all yours from 1 September 2016 (or sooner by agreement).