Southern Cross sells Sea FM, Mix FM

Southern Cross sells Sea FM, Mix FM
SHARE
THIS



Southern Cross Media has sold its subsidiary Sunshine Coast Broadcasters for $17.75m to Eon Broadcasting because its acquisition of Austereo in 2011 left it with too many FM broadcasting licences in the Brisbane and Nambour areas.

Sunshine Coast Broadcasters operate two FM stations on the Queensland Sunshine Coast ‚Äë Sea FM and Mix FM.

Eon Broadcasting is 90% owned by private equity firm Oceania Capital Partners. The remaining 10% stake is owned by The Wheatley Organisation.

The deal will havea revenue effect from 1 March, but is not expected to be finalised until later this month.

Please login with linkedin to comment

Latest News

Blue 449 Launches New Campaign For Chivas  “Success Is A Blend”
  • Campaigns
  • Media

Blue 449 Launches New Campaign For Chivas “Success Is A Blend”

Blue 449 has launched a new paid media campaign called Success is a Blend for Chivas Regal, the original luxury blended Scotch whisky. This through the line campaign celebrates the belief that blended is better, in life and in Scotch. Chivas’ faith in blending was instilled by founding brothers, James and John Chivas, who pioneered […]

The Australian Unveils Fourth Edition Of The Deal For Emerging Female Leaders
  • Media

The Australian Unveils Fourth Edition Of The Deal For Emerging Female Leaders

The Australian has today published its fourth annual edition of The Deal focused on emerging female leaders, in association with Chief Executive Women (CEW). The issue showcases successful women while asking some challenging questions. The Deal editor Helen Trinca said: “Women have achieved so much, even if there is more to do, and there is […]

Shake The Cage Cup Submissions Open
  • Media

Shake The Cage Cup Submissions Open

Didn't have much like on the recent Melbourne Cup? Well, why not turn your attention to the Shake The Cage Cup instead?