News Corp will take ‘nothing for granted’ after passing the milestone of 200,000 digital subscribers.
“While we are absolutely delighted to have passed the 200,000 digital subscriptions mark, we take nothing for granted and continue to improve our product offering and add even more value for our members,” Peter Tonagh, News Corp Australia’s chief operating officer, said.
“The latest iteration of our digital suite will deliver what our customers want – more relevant and richer content, published more often throughout the day, on whichever device they prefer.”
News Corp has also unveiled new enhancements on its mobile and online sites as well as launching a new subscriber rewards program called +Rewards.
“We are thrilled to be launching +Rewards, which we think will be a very attractive proposition to members. It’s a real case of ‘watch this space’ – as the program evolves in the coming weeks and months we will be adding some really exciting and valuable benefits and offers," Tonagh added.
The Daily Telegraph and Herald Sun revealed their new-look this morning, introducing a ‘My News’ section that will be a personalised hub for subscribers to store favourite articles and content and create shortcuts.
The refreshed sites of The Courier-Mail and The Advertiser are expected to launch early next week.
Other enhancements on the sites include:
· A refreshed, image-rich, look and feel
· More news updates posted throughout the day and night
· Emailed breaking news alerts and daily newsletters
· FOX SPORTS Live Score Centre: the most comprehensive live stats resource in Australia
· Live news blogs and Q&As with experts
· Daily brekkie wraps summarising everything you need to know at the start of the day
· Localised guides to the best things to see and do in your city
· Geo-targeted news feeds and weather
· Crosswords and Sudoku
For those who are already fully fledged subscribers to News Corp sites, the +Rewards program will automatically follow through onto the mastheads; The Daily Telegraph+, Herald Sun+, The Courier-Mail+ and The Advertiser+.
Members of the +Rewards program will receive complimentary gifts and exclusive offers on a range of products and deals.