Ten rising talents, including eight Australian and two New Zealand entrants, have been named as winners for Yahoo7’s 2016 Digital Stars program. The extraordinary record number of entries this year demonstrated the ever evolving nature of the industry and the increasingly high standard of talent within it.
Now in its fifth year, the program recognises the best emerging talent in media and rewards them with unparalleled access to some of the most respected industry mentors.
The program seeks to provide young talent with valuable experiences, bolstering their knowledge and creativity through access to Yahoo7’s executives.
The 2016 Digital Stars winners are:
- Genevieve Canh, Digital Executive, MediaCom, NSW
- James Grayson, Digital Planner/Buyer, Maxus, NSW
- Ashlee Casalini, Digital Planner/Buyer, Vizeum, NSW
- Rosy Zhang, Senior Connections Designer, UM, NSW
- Roisin Rafferty, Digital Manager, Carat, QLD
- Luke Maher, Client Digital Manager, Initiative, VIC
- James Diamond, Senior Digital Executive, Carat, VIC
- Ashleigh Sligo, Digital Executive, Dentsu Mitchell, WA
- Nureete Burnie, Channel Planner/Buyer, Contagion, NZ
- Rob Kay, Activation Manager, Zenith Optimedia, NZ
Paul Sigaloff, commercial director at Yahoo7, said, “It’s great to see the Digital Talent pool within Australia and New Zealand growing year on year, demonstrated by the 55% increase of applicants in the 2016 program.
“The search for great talent is essential to our industry and Yahoo7 is proud to foster the next generation of creative thinkers and leaders. I look forward to spending time with our talented winners over the course of the initiative.”
The winners’ prize includes a trip to Sydney, lunch with Yahoo7 CEO Ed Harrison, and a networking dinner with senior Yahoo7 and Yahoo New Zealand Executives.