Many are calling Amazon’s first week in the Australian market a little underwhelming, however, it hasn’t stopped the online giant unveiling its list of top sellers for its first week in business Down Under.
And, as expected, tech and video games were the go-to items for Aussie shoppers. While it also revealed that NSW was the state with most shoppers.
The top 10 list included:
- FIFA 18 PS4
- CALL OF DUTY: WW2 PS4
- STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II PS4
- Nintendo Switch – Neon Blue and Red Joy-Con
- Strong 3M HDMI Cable
- Strong Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- The Barefoot Investor: The Only Money Guide You’ll Ever Need
- 5 Ingredients – Quick & Easy Food
- STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II XBOX ONE
- Nintendo Switch – Gray Joy-Con
Commenting on the list, Amazon Australia’s country manager, Rocco Braeuniger, told the Australian Financial Review: “In the run-up to Christmas it is not surprising to see video games featuring prominently in the top 10.
“Outside of the top 10, Australians have been buying everything from daily essentials, including nappies and socks, to bigger purchases such as wearable tech and cameras.” he said.