Not only did B&T honour the best and brightest females at the Women in Media Awards on Friday night via a number of categories, we once again compiled a list of the most powerful women in the industry.
Starting with 300 names, B&T spent weeks whittling that number down to 30, which was bloody hard, might we add!
After finishing sixth on last year’s Women in Media Power List, OMD Australia chief executive Aimee Buchanan found herself at the top of the list for 2018.
Accepting the accolade, Buchanan gave a special shout out to her supportive husband said she was proud to be setting a positive example for her daughter.
Check out the Women in Media Power List in full below:
- Aimee Buchanan – CEO, OMD Australia
- Cathy O’Connor – CEO, NOVA Entertainment
- Tracey Fellows – CEO and executive director, REA Group
- Melinda Geertz – CEO, Leo Burnett Australia
- Katie Rigg-Smith – CEO, Mindshare Australasia
- Kimberlee Wells – CEO, TBWA\Melbourne and Adelaide
- Emily Perrett – managing director, Clemenger BBDO Sydney
- Imogen Hewitt – group managing director, Havas Media Australia
- Nicola Lewis – chief investment officer, GroupM
- Virginia Hyland – founder and principal, Hyland Media
- Lesley Edwards – CEO, Ikon Communications
- Nickie Scriven – CEO, Zenith Australia
- Lizzie Young – group content strategy director, Nine Entertainment Co.
- Kirsty Muddle – owner and founding partner, Cummins&Partners
- Fiorella Di Santo – general manager of publishing, Bauer Media Australia
- Julia Zaetta – editor, Better Homes & Gardens
- Nicole Taylor – CEO, McCann Australia
- Edwina McCann – editor-in-chief, Vogue Australia
- Melissa Fein – CEO, Initiative Australia
- Fiona Johnston – CEO, UM Australia
- Nicole Byers – editor, The Australian Women’s Weekly
- Lorraine Jokovic – CEO, LOUD
- Monique Macleod – CMO, Commonwealth Bank
- Stephanie Tully – executive manager of group brand and marketing/CMO, Qantas
- Mia Freedman – co-founder and content director, Mamamia
- Megan Brownlow – partner, PwC Australia
- Sunita Gloster – CMO Advisory, PwC Australia
- Kieran Moore – chair, opr/CEO of PR and PA, WPP AUNZ
- Kim Portrate – CEO, ThinkTV Australia
- Dee Madigan – owner and executive creative director, Campaign Edge
And to find out who took home which gong at this year’s Women in Media Awards, click here.