Unscripted and raw, the films created by Cummins&Partners show a side of world number one tennis star, Novak Djokovic, the world has perhaps not seen before.
We see the real Novak, recounting his never before told life stories from Belgrade in Serbia, celebrating the people, places and passions that have made him the tennis champion he is today. Filmed in July 2014 and titled ‘Made By Determination’, the documentary style film series takes viewers back to the beginning of Novak’s journey, from growing up in war-torn Serbia, to the dedication and commitment of his first coach Jelena Gencic, to his pivotal Grand Slam wins in the Australian Open and Wimbledon.
The ‘Made By’ film series forms part of the new Jacob’s Creek ‘Made By’ global campaign which celebrates the people, places and passions that go into crafting every bottle of Jacob’s Creek wine.
Commenting on the films at the global premiere, held in Melbourne, Australia on Tuesday night, Djokovic said: “Everything I experienced growing up has led me to become the person I am today. Creating the Jacob’s Creek ‘Made By’ film series has allowed me to tell my story, in my own words and share it with the world.”
Derek Oliver, global marketing director of Jacob’s Creek, said: ”Novak’s ‘Made By’ story brings to life the authentic spirit that Jacob’s Creek celebrates. Novak’s story is powerful, and the determination, dedication and effort he has put into his career is similar to the craft of our winemakers and the people behind Jacob’s Creek. Our partnership has been truly collaborative, working together to create a film series that celebrates authenticity, and that we are truly proud to take to the world”.
Kirsty Muddle, chief innovation & media officer of Cummins&Partners said: “We met Novak three years ago, we knew then that he was the right person to deliver a lens on the Jacob’s Creek story. This year’s ‘Made By’ film series is a continuation on what Andre shared for Jacob’s Creek in our earlier chapters. This film series is a long term platform for the brand and we are committed to making it a success for both Pernod Ricard, the consumer and delivering a standard of content a broadcaster wants to run.”
The partnership with Djokovic is part of Jacob’s Creek’s global tennis sponsorship platform, which includes the Australian Open, Wimbledon and the China Open. The global launch, which coincides with the Australian Open, has rolled out with extensive activity across broadcast, digital, social and retail in 16 markets.
- Client: Jacob’s Creek – Pernod Ricard Winemakers
- Advertising Agency: Cummins&Partners
- Executive Creative Directors: Ben Couzens & Jim Ingram
- Chief Media and Innovation Officer: Kirsty Muddle
- Group Account Director: Hayden Isaacs
- Senior Account Director: Leah Champion
- Head of Broadcast Production: Jess Thompson
- Director: Keith ‘Keef’ Ehrlich
- Production Company: Revolver
- Cinematographer: Adam McDaid
- Post Production: Michael Lutman (The Butchery) and Martin Greer & Eugene Richards (The Refinery)
- Sound Production: Dylan Stephens (Risk Sound)
Music Composer: Justin Pounsett (The Audio Embassy)
- Stills Photographer: Christopher Tovo
- PR Agency: One Green Bean Australia
- Digital Agency: IMPERO London
- Integrated Communications agency: BD Network