Yesterday, with the help of APN Outdoor, MediaCom and General Assembly, we held our inaugural B&T Bootcamp at The Portside Centre in Sydney, where a group of stellar industry mentors and keynote speakers shared their words of wisdom to eager attendees.
One of those attendees was OMD account director Sarah Kramer, who has kindly summarised her key takeaways from the bootcamp through song, just like Baz Luhrmann’s “Everybody’s Free (To Wear Sunscreen)”.
***Read quotes with Baz Luhrmann narration***
“Listen…. A lot!”
– Anthony Xydis, CMO, Australian Radio Network
“Talk other people up, behind their backs – it will not only build confidence in those around you, but will build confidence within an agency.”
– Ben Welsh, chief creative officer, DDB Sydney
“Be comfortable with being uncomfortable.”
– Sharon Schoenberg, director of small, medium and corporate business, Microsoft Australia
“Write down your life priorities, then let those guide your career path.”
– Andy Lark, CMO, Foxtel
“Leadership is a privilege, not a given.”
– Nitsa Lotus, Managing Director, TBWA | Sydney
“Do everything with kindness.”
– Willie Pang, CEO for Australia and New Zealand, MediaCom
“Always make sure everyone around you wins. by them winning, you win.”
– Charmaine Moldrich, CEO, Outdoor Media Association and MOVE
“Don’t let a win go to your head and don’t let a loss go to your heart.”
– Ryan Meyer, APAC director, General Assembly
– Allan Parker, eccentric behavioural scientist masquerading as an international business consultant
A massive thank you to B&T for organising the bootcamp, with special thanks to sponsors APN Outdoor, MediaCom and General Assembly.
Also, another BIG thank you to OMD Australia for giving me the opportunity to attend this event. It was a day filled with life lessons that everyone who attended will cherish and reflect on in their every day life moving forward.
– Sarah Kramer