News Corp Australia has lifted the curtain on the fresh-faced finalists of the 2016 Australian Cannes Young Lions competition, with over 100 industry judges drawing up the shortlist from over 280 teams.
These teams will now go into the second round of the competition, with those shortlisted in the categories of print, media and cyber categories receiving a 24-hour brief, emulating the international competition format in Cannes.
News Corp Australia’s chief commercial officer, network sales Sharb Farjami said, “News Corp has been running this competition for six years and it’s encouraging to see the calibre of entrants in that time has only gotten better.
“The next round of the competition will be fiercely contested with three team spots up for grabs for the most talented creative and advertising professionals to attend the 2016 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. I wish all finalists the very best of luck.”
The second round of the competition will commence on Thursday May 12 for the print and cyber categories and Tuesday May 17 for the media category. The winning team in each category will be announced next Thursday evening 19 May 2016.
The winning teams in the final round will receive return flights to Nice in France, accommodation and festival registration with access to all the seminars, awards ceremonies, showcases and the beach gala party.
Runner-up teams in media, print and cyber categories will get the opportunity to represent Australia at the Young Spikes Asia Competition in Singapore in September.
The 2016 Cannes Young Lions Finalists are:
MEDIA CATEGORY – NSW
- Marco Del Castillo and Allister Hercus (MEC)
- John Principe and Vanessa Akern (Slingshot)
- Charlotte Berry and Grace Espinoza (UM)
- Claire Crennan and Claire Booth (Carat)
- Ashleigh Vogel and Jack Bellamy (UM)
- Jack Fittler and Daniel Carlin (Mindshare)
MEDIA CATEGORY – VIC
- Berlin Liew (Vizeum) and Alex Brezzi (Carat)
- Christina Diomides and Nick Threapleton (Dentsu Mitchell)
- Luke Maher and Charmaine Green (Initiative)
- Alex Grivas and Calvin Lyon (Cummins&Partners)
MEDIA CATEGORY – QLD
- Amy Scarlett (ZenithOptimedia) and Lachlan Pentecost (Carat)
- Luke Morgan and Alex Buckby (OMD)
- Nelson Demartini (UM) and Roisin Rafferty (Carat)
MEDIA CATEGORY – SA
- Simon Keith and Ben Doecke (MEC)
MEDIA CATEGORY – WA
- Alexandra Atherley and Natalie Salinovich (Initiative)
- Giles Clayton and Simon Hayes (J. Walter Thompson)
- Adam Slater & Jacob Redding (Cummins&Partners)
- Megan Riley (Marketforce) and Bree Smolinski (Shape Design)
- Sarah Muscut and Samantha Cable (Leo Burnett)
- Ray Ali and Nicole Hetherington (WiTH Collective)
- Scott Pritchett and Dan Robinson (303 MullenLowe)
- Will Winter-Irving and Pat Anderson (R/GA)
- Alex Little and Kartsen Jurkschat (Ogilvy)
- Michael Yang (Sapient Nitro) and Bodhi Burathoki (eg+)
- Chris Andrawes and Tom Bradbeer (Longtail)
- Kate Allan and Dane Van Veen (R/GA)
- Grace Francis and Ashleigh Kennedy (George Patterson Y & R)
- Tessa Midgley and Sophie Beard (DDB)