Mobile Embrace Snags Half Year FY16 EBITDA Of $4.1 Million

Mobile Embrace Snags Half Year FY16 EBITDA Of $4.1 Million

Mobile commerce company Mobile Embrace Limited reported a steady track record for the six months ending December 31 2015, from a leap in net profit after tax, to industry acquisitions.

B&T Magazine
Posted by B&T Magazine

The company nabbed a jump of 73 per cent in net profit after tax to $2.6 million, while EBITDA clocked up $4.1 million, a number achieved after MBE invested an additional $4.2 million of free cash driving new customer acquisitions on a global scale.

Revenue for the half year FY2016 was $28 million, a 99 per cent increase on the previous corresponding period, while MBE’s domestic operations are performing very well, underpinned by increasing demand for the group’s mobile marketing and carrier billing offerings.

Mobile Exchange’s increasing revenue from international direct carrier billing is also worth taking a peek at, as it exceeded $520,000 in January 2016 alone, compared with around $60,000 one year earlier in December 2014. A number of International carrier billing markets are already generating profits, while international marketing operations in the UK have experienced excellent growth.

The businesses acquired in the half year, Vizmond Media in July, and Marketing Punch in September, have given MBE a stronger presence in Australia, New Zealand, and also established the Company’s m-marketing offering in the UK and France.

Both businesses have increased their performance under MBE’s ownership and have accounted for 12 per cent of half-year revenue.

MBE’s investment in the increasingly utilised entertainment venue payment app, Clipp, has been successful with the Clipp business continuing to achieve greater consumer uptake with a much advanced consumer value proposition and increased venue penetration.

Commenting on the half-year performance, Mobile Embrace CEO Chris Thorpe said, “By every measure, the first half of FY2016 has been a period of significant progress.

“We have acquired and integrated two excellent businesses that strengthen our m-marketing operations and geographical footprint, we have delivered very robust organic earnings and revenue growth, and further de-risked and diversified our revenue base.

“The increasing revenue flows from international direct carrier billing is a particular highlight as it demonstrates that our strategy of establishing direct carrier billing operations in Australia and multiple international markets is delivering very meaningful and growing monthly revenue streams. We are actively pursuing new international markets through our partnerships with SingTel, Telenor and now Axiata.

“The second half of the financial year has commenced well for MBE and we are well placed to again deliver very strong growth in revenue and earnings. Our focus is now firmly set on significant growth in FY2017.”

 

Latest News

oOh!Media Buys Junkee Media For $11 Mil
  • Media

oOh!Media Buys Junkee Media For $11 Mil

Outdoor media company oOh!Media has bought the majority of content and publishing company Junkee Media for $11.05 million. The 85 per cent acquisition aims to diversify oOh!Media’s offering and digital strategy to increase consumer engagement and advertiser ROI. The remaining 15 per cent is with the three Junkee Media shareholders, however oOh!Media has the right […]

by B&T Magazine

B&T Magazine
UK Votes To Leave The EU! And Nobody Knows What Happens Next!
  • Media

UK Votes To Leave The EU! And Nobody Knows What Happens Next!

The UK has voted to leave the European Union and the shockwaves are only now starting to ripple out. What that means really is yet to play out, while the impact on the media and advertising industry’s both there and in Australia is yet to be seen, That said, there has been predictions that it the […]

by B&T Magazine

B&T Magazine
Edge Launches Snapchat Campaign For AAMI
  • Advertising

Edge Launches Snapchat Campaign For AAMI

Content marketing agency Edge has launched its first Snapchat campaign for financial insurance client AAMI. The three-part campaign coincided with coverage of the NBA (National Basketball Association) this past week. It was Snapchat’s millennial potential that saw AAMI trying to reach the younger drivers, releasing ads featuring young hot shot Aussie basketballer ‘Slam’ Duncan Jones […]

HCF Uses Customer Insights For Health Tablet Promotion
  • Marketing

HCF Uses Customer Insights For Health Tablet Promotion

HCF, Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund, is strengthening its customer marketing activity with a new insight-driven promotion, offering a free Lenovo HCF Health Tablet to all new members who join up until 9 July 2016.