Australian in-store music provider Marketing Melodies has announced an exclusive reseller agreement with Spotify-backed Soundtrack Your Brand for the Australia and New Zealand markets.
Founded in Sweden in 2013, Soundtrack Your Brand was developed to kill bad background music. Its flagship solution, Soundtrack Business, is a music streaming platform licensed for commercial and public spaces.
The reseller agreement will see Marketing Melodies exclusively provide access to Soundtrack Your Brand’s technology, and grants retailers and business owners access to the world’s largest music library for commercial use for the first time in Australia and New Zealand.
Here are some of the key features of the Soundtrack Business solution:
- Users can schedule their playlist sequence so that music suits different times of the day and creates different moods.
- Managers of various retail locations can control music across as many sites as needed. Managers can also make changes to a single location’s playlist or instantly update the music in all stores.
- A remote app allows staff to fine-tune the volume or skip songs in order to adjust the playlist to changing conditions in real time.
- Users have access to ready-made soundtracks, which are professional selections of music specially made for business identities. They are always updated, will never go silent and are never repetitive.
- The solution combines data analysis with hands-on expertise to deliver content that fits individual brands, boosts sales and makes staff happier.
Marketing Melodies founder Dean Cherny (pictured above) said: “We understand that thousands of businesses in Australia and New Zealand have been inadvertently using Spotify illegally, not realising the platform is a non-commercial service.
“Through our partnership with Soundtrack Your Brand, we can offer access to a growing music catalogue of millions of songs across 180 music channels which are continuously updated with fresh sounds and specially designed for differing commercial environments.
“This is a game-changing development, and we’re thrilled to channel this solution through to retailers locally.”
Meysam Majd, global partner manager at Soundtrack Your Brand, said: “Background music today is sold as a utility, and there’s rarely much thought going into what music brands are playing and why. We’re dedicated to improving the background music experience for retail owners, staff and consumers alike.
“Our business has been undergoing an aggressive growth strategy, and we are constantly scoping out potential partners in regions we’ve not yet entered.
“When we chose to expand into Australia and New Zealand, the team at Marketing Melodies was an obvious alignment. They are a proven market leader in the category, and we are delighted to have them join us as our exclusive ANZ partner.
“We look forward to helping local retailers take their background music to a whole new level, legally.”