At a party hosted by Commonwealth Bank, The Marketing Academy unveiled the line up of leaders from marketing, advertising and media selected to take part in the 2016 Programme.
Commenting on this years intake the Marketing Academy Founder and CEO Sherilyn Shackell said: “The calibre of applicants has been fantastic. We have a rich mix of the best in client side brands, media owners and creative and media agencies from both Sydney and Melbourne with at least 12 years between the least and most experienced. We believe this diversity in age, background, experience and skill-set enriches the programme for each and every delegate.”
During the programme, which ends in October, delegates experience a packed curriculum which includes ‘bootcamps’, mentoring, lunches with CEO’s, executive coaching and a series of Lectures.
The Academy has attracted 30 executive coaches and over 40 Mentors from Australia’s business community including; Maile Carnegie, form Google MD; Andy Lark, Xero CMO; Marty O’Halloran, DDB Group Chairman, Andrew Baxter, Publicis CEO; Megan Brownlow, PWC executive director; Philip Lynch, Johnson & Johnson MD, Clive Stiff, Unilever CEO; Matt Tapper, Lion MD global markets.
A key element of the curriculum is a series of Lectures hosted by subject matter experts from around the world and are attended by the cohort, the Academy’s partners, mentors, coaches and invited guests. Last year, on the day of their ‘graduation’, the 2015 cohort hosted their own lecture sharing their learnings. The lecture was attended by over 800 people from within the industry. These invitation only events are sponsored this year by Seven West Media Group, Kmart, Clemenger, Macquarie University and IAG.
Adam Ross of Mindshare and an alumni of last year’s programme said: “When I applied for The Marketing Academy I didn’t really know too much about it, so whilst I really wanted to get onto the program I wasn’t desperate.
“Knowing what I know now though, I really should have been! It is not just something that will propel me forward in my career, but it has been a genuine life-changing experience. It gives you more than you ever thought possible.”
- Here’s the line up of The Marketing Academy Australia Leaders Programme 2016:
- Andrew Howie, Group Marketing Manager, Meat Brands
- Brooke Chilcott, Head of Account Management, Naked Communications Sydney
- Burcak Sezer, Marketing Manager, Kimberly-Clark Australia
- Claire Salvetti, Managing Director, One Green Bean
- Claire Tenzer, Group Business Director, WhybinTBWA
- Gabriella Conlon, Head of Consumer Marketing, Google
- Gemma Hunter, Executive Creative Director, MediaCom
- Holly Jonas, Advertising Campaign & Channel Manager, IAG
- Jay Sellick, Head of Strategy, Sports Bet
- Jeci David, Portfolio Marketing Manager, Kellogg Australia
- Jeff Miller, Executive Manager Marketing Credit Cards, Commonwealth Bank
- Kate O’Ryan-Roeder, Chief Client Officer, Mindshare
- Katie Finney, Melbourne Sales Manager, Seven West Media Group
- Lauren Cain, Marketing Manager Bingle, Suncorp Group
- Liz Kaelin, Founder & CEO, You Chews
- Louise Davis, Head of Retention and Loyalty, News Corp Australia
- Michael Kay, Group Director, UMWW Australia
- Nora-Kate O’Connell, Marketing Manager, KFC
- Peter Cerny, Executive Creative Director, ChannelT
- Polly Blenkinship, Head of Acquisition & Customer Marketing Strategy, Foxtel
- Rachel Pullicino, Marketing Director, Edgewell
- Renee Garner, Head of Marketing Planning & Segments, EnergyAustralia
- Sergio Brodsky, Strategy Director, Starcom MediaVest Group
- Simon Davenport, National Advertising Manager, Officeworks
- Stewart Gurney, Head of Strategy, PHD Media
- Terri Martin-Newbould, Client Services Director, Presentation Studio
- Tina Walsberger, Head of Marketing and Customer Services, Sydney Festival
- Todd Pironis, Marketing Manager Orthopaedics, Stryker
- Tracy Hall, Head of Brand & Communications, eBay Inc
- Zoey Saunders, Head of Customer Category, Carlton & United Breweries