Australia pulled some serious rank at the 30th London International Awards, taking out a solid 67 statues overall.
Leo Burnett Sydney was the most awarded Australian agency, racking up 23 awards including four gold, while its Melbourne arm scored six awards of the silver and bronze variety.
In addition to its four gold medals, the Sydney agency took home four silver and nine bronze. Eleven of its show haul – including three gold – were for its ‘Men Like Us’ campaign for Bundaberg Rum.
Now in its 30th year as one of the most prestigious global awards shows, the LIAs attracted entries from the world’s best creative agencies, with 14,106 submissions from 78 countries, and only seven per cent attaining Shortlist status.
A number of Aussie agencies showed the world who’s boss, and because our website would crash if we tried to upload every single one of them, we’ve got the gold winners right here:
Leo Burnett Sydney
- GOLD – WWF ‘JUST’ – Packaging Design: Eco Packaging
- GOLD – Bundaberg Rum ‘Men Like Us Like Brave’ – Radio & Audio: Original Music
- GOLD – Bundaberg Rum ‘Men Like Us Like Polar Bears – Radio & Audio: Original Music
- GOLD – Bundaberg Rum ‘Men Like Us Like Tasting – Radio & Audio: Original Music
- GOLD – Humour for Optus & Netflix Offer titled “Did Ricky Gervais Just Do That To Optus?” – TV/Cinema/Online Film
- GOLD – Cinematography for Samsung titled “Every Day is Day One” – Production & Post-Production
- GOLD – Editing for Volkswagen titled “The People’s Film, 60 Years Together” – Production & Post-Production
George Patterson Y&R, Brisbane
- GOLD – Public Service/Social Welfare for Melanoma Patients Australia titled “Melanoma Likes Me” – Non-Traditional
- GOLD – Sound Design for Legacy titled “Letters of Gallipoli – War” – Radio & Audio
- GOLD – Sound Design for Curtin University titled “Women in Engineering” – Radio & Audio
- GOLD – Public Service/Social Welfare for Tuart and Canning Colleges titled “Jerk Pickles” – Radio & Audio
The Brand Agency, Perth
- GOLD – Public Service/Social Welfare Campaign for St John Ambulance WA titled “Not the Time – Bleeding”, “Not the Time – Diabetic”, “Not the Time – Burns” – Radio & Audio
- GOLD – Public Service/Social Welfare for St John Ambulance WA titled “Not the Time – Burns” – Radio & Audio