Sydney’s FM breakfast royalty Kyle & Jackie O have launched their own social media platform, kyleandjackieo.com.
The new website, created in collaboration with Moment Media and its content partner YuuZoo, aggregates all social media content about the pair and allows fans to connect with their own profile pages.
The site allows fans to interact via updates, and private or group messaging.
The launch comes after a dispute over the duo’s Facebook followers with previous employer Southern Cross Austereo.
Full Release Below:
"The Australian Radio Network (ARN) have collaborated with leading digital company Moment Media to build Sydney’s #1FM KIIS 1065 breakfast hosts Kyle & Jackie O’s innovative new website, launched this weekend.
Using ground-breaking technology powered by Moment Media’s content partner YuuZoo, and applied to radio in a world-first, www.kyleandjackieo.com is a brand new social media platform that not only gives listeners and fans unique access to all things Kyle & Jackie O by aggregating all social media content and news, it enables like-minded fans to connect with each other through their own profile pages, updates, and private or group messaging.
“We knew we wanted something special, but the functionality of this new site, and the fact it’s the first entertainment based social network of its kind, has surpassed what we’d ever dreamt of”, said Kyle & Jackie O.
Australian tech entrepreneur, and owner of Moment Media, Ron Creevey continued, “ARN is a forward-thinking market leader, and Kyle & Jackie O – two of the biggest names in the business – are known for pushing the boundaries. Together we’ve gone above and beyond to create the first dedicated social platform that aggregates and manages all social media feeds and social activity in the one exciting place.”
www.kyleandjackieo.com key functionality:
- Collects and aggregates all Kyle & Jackie O and KIIS 1065 content from their social media platforms, and updates every five minutes with any and all Kyle & Jackie O or KIIS 1065 mentions or hashtags on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google News, Google+, Soundcloud, YouTube, Pinterest and Vimeo.
- Posting of every online news article featuring Kyle & Jackie as it happens.
- Interactive music capabilities including the ability to listen to Jackie’s playlist of the week, purchase songs directly from the week’s Top 40, live streaming of Kyle & Jackie’s show, and access to the daily podcast via Soundcloud.
- Allows users to create their own profile page with their pictures and favourite videos and interact with other users, as well as allowing live competition entry on air with Kyle & Jackie O as it happens.
- Allows users to speak directly with Kyle and Jackie in exclusive social forums.
- Complete access to the platform from the web and mobile.
- Enables e-commerce for future related merchandise opportunities.
- Allows Kyle & Jackie O sponsors and advertisers to advertise across a social media environment, directly with ARN.
Of the collaboration with Moment Media and Ron Creevey – whose credits also include part owner of Heath Ledger’s production company The Masses – ARN’s National Content Director Duncan Campbell said, “Working with innovative partners like Moment Media is a clear sign that ARN is determined to deliver on our strategy as a progressive contemporary media company.”
Added Campbell, “2014 at ARN is all about a deeper level of interaction and integration. Following on from their incredible #1FM survey win, we’re continuing to work directly with our talent to ensure a greater connection with their fans, and this website is just one example of our commitment to this.”
Kyle and Jackie O have had an amazing start to the year and we’re excited to be launching this new social platform for the show and all their listeners. It fits perfectly with the fresh start at KIIS and the innovative direction that ARN are heading with all our digital assets”."