In 2014 digital is at the heart of everything for brand marketers and their campaigns — from email and social to webcasts and mobile.
Digital is everywhere but what does digital marketing actually entail? Direct Marketing News' senior editor Natasha Smith shares 15 facts every marketer needs to know.
This digital marketing age, no doubt, underscores the importance of omni-channel messaging in a time when consumers expect marketers to be always on.
Of course, marketers can meet and then exceed those expectations with the right digital know-how.
Here are 15 trends, tips, and stats that every modern marketer should know to create seamless, successful marketing campaigns in the digital age.
1. Blogs are 63% more likely to influence purchase decisions than magazines. (Optimind Technology)
2. Emails with no subject line were opened 8% more than those with a subject line. The reason: An email without a subject line shows more email preview text. (Signals)
3. Forty-seven percent of Americans say Facebook is the number one influencer of their purchases. (Social Media Today)
4. Seventy percent of marketers used Facebook to gain new customers. (HubSpot)
5. Seventy-seven percent of buyers are more likely to buy from a company if its CEO uses social media. (War of Words: Myth-Busting Social Media, SEO & Content Marketing).
Read the full 15 here.