Octagon are on the search for a Studio Manager to join the team based in Sydney.
We’d like all 8 seconds of it. That’s how long they say we’re able to focus on something. Anything, really.
We live in a world where time is our most precious commodity, and our audience’s attention span has never been shorter.
As an industry, we’ve never had to work harder to gain the attention of the people we’re trying to reach. The way we see it, there’s two ways to go about it.
Attention is either bought. Or it is earned. Paid attention ensures your brand will be heard – and that’s a good start. But attention that’s earned ensures your audience actually listens to what you’re saying.
At Octagon, our mission is to create work that earns attention. Through smart partnerships and generous ideas, we compete for, capture and ultimately earn the attention of those who matter most.
NOW, HAVE WE GOT YOURS?
We’ve been growing at a rapid rate for the past few years. While it’s been a fun and fast ride, we’re at the point of needing to bolster the team. We need you. Your experience, your energy, your attention to detail and your ability to help take us to the next level.
What’s a Studio Manager at Octagon look like? Good question. The obvious thing to say is all the usual stuff; impeccably organized, detail orientated, people person etc. etc. The real truth however, we need you to turn our regional creative team into a well oiled machine that’s given the space to create and thrive, at pace! We need your ability to stay focused, juggle, haggle, lead, and call on your black book of contacts so nothing is missed and we always produce our best work. If you’ve been on the tools in the past, that’s a bonus too. We need you to be the glue for our creative teams across both Octagon and Milkmoney around the region.
What’s in it for you? Lots of things really. Firstly, a great team. We’re proud of who we are, and sure you’ll come to agree. Secondly, great opportunities. We work with amazing clients and colleagues alike in a dynamic industry, and you’ll get to grow and develop at pace while working hand in hand with our senior business leaders across Asia Pacific. Finally, we get to work with you, and share the energy and passion we have for the vibrant, attention-grabbing business we’re creating. What’s not to like?
Your time with Octagon will be spent thinking and dreaming, leading and learning, doodling and inspiring.
So, there you have it. Are you our next Studio Manager? We hope so.
WHAT’S ON YOUR PLATE?
Greater and More Efficient Output
- All visual output from the agency – from implementing the Octagon brand to working across our growing roster of client
- Managing the workflow through the team and agency ensuring efficiency and quality
- Redefine process from briefing to delivery where required, followed by implementing and driving those processes
- General Quality Control of output from the design studio
- Understanding brand guidelines and applying the correct visual style, techniques and approaches to use
- Communicates project status to Managing Director and client
- Oversees project and monitors critical path and results
- Oversee and own creative resource planning and scheduling
- Point of contact for all creative briefs and projects
External / Internal Relations
- Identify freelance needs in each department to ensure projects are run to time and budget
- Briefing of scope of work to freelancers and overseeing their output
- Build and maintain a freelance database
- Build and maintain a preferred supplier data base
- Drive efficiencies to improve profitability
- Budgeting design and art direction time into projects accurately from inception
- Staying in touch with the latest design trends and techniques – evangelizing great design and sharing with the wider team
If it sounds like you could be our Studio Manager, we would love to hear from you!
- Job Type
For further information
- Ben Scheffers