Take part in developing the marketing strategy for a business conference that has established a distinct identity through constant innovation and a following from people representing a variety of industries across the globe.
Reports directly to the Executive Director of Business Development
Roles and responsibilities:
- Development of marketing strategy with the VP and execution of the annual marketing plan
- Including digital marketing strategy
- Lead generation
- Newsletter strategy
- PR and messaging
- Tracking budget
- Establishing KPIs based on Business objectives provided by the VP Marketing
- Budget accountability for marketing plan
- Ensure the positioning of the brand is consistently applied throughout all marketing, product, sales and service execution in conjunction with the company’s Global and Local brand guidelines
- Build brand collateral for all departments and support biz dev with adequate material
- Establish best-practices for internal and external documentation
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the Marketing and Communications department including budgeting, planning and staff development.
- Oversee and manage consolidated marketing budget
- Oversee contractor and supplier relations and manage contracts and rates
- Manage external service provider relationships including:
- contractors in PR, Social media, Graphic Design, etc
- Media buyers and Digital media partners (retargeting, SEM, etc)
- Manage and build the relationship with our external partners and management of deliverables
- Oversee the local team’s creation and management of the communications strategy and content creation for both local and international markets (including China)
- Hire (with the VP Marketing and Executive Director Business Development) the on-the-ground marketing team
- People management (2+ resources)
- At least five years’ experience in a similar marketing role
- Proven record of marketing strategy development and execution against key internal performance indicators
- Fluent in English and proficient in both written and spoken communication
- Performance: quality output, achieving results, meeting targets
- Problem solving and decision making: using initiative, sound judgment
- Managing and developing: results gained from logical, effective time management and strategic planning
- Inventiveness: creativity, innovation, open to change flexibility
- Workplace contribution: positive addition to workplace through attitude and output, adheres to WH&S requirements
- Professionalism: personal presentation, upholds company branding, commitment to quality
- Proficient in using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ability to pick up new collaborative technologies such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Asana and Slack etc.
- Flexibility to work outside of standard business hours for events as required.
This is a 0.8FTE equivalent contract, offering flexibility. If this sounds like a role you’ll love, we want to chat. Send us a resume with a description of your past work and let us know why it’s the role for you.
Email email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing Manager”.
- Events Services
- Public Relations
- Job Type
For further information
- Meryn Pratt
- +61 419321771