Looking for an instructor to lead a transformative experience through General Assembly’s Digital Marketing Immersive course. We are more interested in your practical skills, as a CMO or digital marketing expert, than your facilitation experience.
Our client, General Assembly’s courses are about equipping their students with the practical skills to apply in the workforce. In this immersive educational experience, students engage in the digital marketing process, developing the skills and portfolio of a productive and effective marketer in the 21st century. They learn current tools and best practices they can use to promote a brand, drive sales leads, and increase customer engagement.
This role is a one-off contract role for your first cohort with opportunity (and encouragement) to return for subsequent contracts.
Why Teach the Digital Marketing Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know and love, this is the position for you. Through this unparalleled opportunity, you will:
- Deepen your own skills by guiding students through a rigorous journey where they begin as driven novices and leave as empowered marketers
- Facilitate a supportive and energetic community that lasts well beyond the course
- Contribute your own expertise to a deep and broad global curriculum maintained by a team of talented instructors across multiple industries
- Challenge students to think strategically as they turn their ideas into real digital marketing solutions
- Hone your own leadership skills by working with an instructional team and classroom community
As an immersive instructor you will not only impact the careers of your own students, but you’ll also have a unique opportunity to shape the potential of students on a global scale through contributions to the global curriculum.
Skills and Qualifications
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of digital marketers
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out
- You have at least 5 years of industry experience with digital marketing
- You have fluency in the following topics: Google Analytics, Google AdWords, current social media outlets, paid social media advertising, customer segmentation targeting and tracking, community management and email marketing
- You have hands-on knowledge of the tools used in digital marketing and are comfortable showing others how to use these
- You have previous digital marketing teaching experience, through a course, team training, etc.
NOTE: This role is based in Sydney, Australia. Please ensure you have the right to work in Australia before applying.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Deliver instruction 4 days a week, including teaching, advising, and content development
- Work closely with an instructor associate or co-instructor to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress
- Work with instructors and instructional designers across the globe to develop and continually improve the program, ensuring the course remains cutting-edge and effective for students worldwide
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of developing a digital marketing strategy
Who Are General Assembly?
General Assembly is a venture-backed, NYC-based startup focusing on education for individuals and enterprises in the areas of technology, design, and entrepreneurship. They currently have physical classrooms across 4 continents, with tens of thousands of students coming through their doors.
Please apply through Beam Australia by signing up as talent using this link https://beamaustralia.com.au/sign-up-as-talent/
In your cover letter, please tell us why you’re excited about this role and what experience you’ll bring to ensure your students have a great experience.
- Job Type
- Based on experience
For further information
- Abbie Boulter