As the Insights Analyst you will support the delivery of the Marketing strategy, customer data strategies and business intelligence best practice for the Sydney Opera House working within the Insights and Optimisation team in the Marketing department.
As the Insights Analyst you will support the delivery of the Marketing strategy, customer data strategies and business intelligence best practice for the Sydney Opera House working within the Insights and Optimisation team in the Marketing department, you will be responsible for performing SQL based data development, analysis, reporting and dashboard creation activities to a best practice standard across web analytics, ticketing and customer databases. You will get exposure to the many different businesses within the Opera House – from the creative Performing Arts portfolio to the dynamic Visitor Experiences portfolio and more.
In this roel you will need to have strong stakeholder management, communication, prioritisation, requirements definition and associated technical skills to apply to data analysis. You will also have the ability to transform client requirements into innovative business intelligence solutions that meet marketing objectives. This is a unique opportunity for a visionary business insights enthusiast in the early stages of their career, and offers are a rare opportunity to take on a role which has a hand in the digital and analytics transformation of this Australian icon.
Further more detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Around 2 years demonstrated experience in Analytics/Business Intelligence roles with exposure to marketing capabilities, (paid positions or internships)
- Numerically-strong with tertiary qualifications in economics, statistics, engineering or similar
- Technical proficiency working with SQL Server databases.
- Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Office suite in particular Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with Tableau Visualisation tools (Or other visualisation tools like Microsoft BI).
- Experience with programming languages like R or Python preferred but not essential.
- Experience with Marketing Technology platforms (e.g. Adobe Analytics, google Analytics) or similar tools preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of current developments and trends within the data storage and BI industry preferred but not essential
- Ability to communicate very effectively in written and oral communications.
- Team player, who works well in a collaborative environment
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are asked to include an up to date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience and how they relate to the requirements and capabilities for the role.
Applicants are also asked to address their suitability in a covering letter of no more than two pages specifically addressing the following two targeted questions with dedicated responses:
- Provide an example of where you could, or have used data to generate actionable customer/audience insights in order to inform a business decision. Include your approach to the data manipulation, tools used, and the manner in which you provided the insights to the stakeholder. (If the example in a marketing business context, this would be preferred)
- What sort of process would you follow to peer QA an SQL query/piece of code. Detail your step by step approach.
Applicants MUST create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position at https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/. Only applicants who apply online will be considered for this position. Please contact the Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679 should you have any technical enquiries. A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing or temporary roles of the same standard that may become available over the next twelve months.
Sydney Opera House welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disability.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment .
Job Status: Part Time (24 hours/week), Temporary (12 months)
Position No: SOH1370 Salary: Base full time equivalent salary of $49,474 and 9.5% superannuation contribution.
Applications Close: 19/12/2018, interviews would take place early January 2019 Enquiries: Simon Lanycia, email@example.com
- Job Type
- Base full time equivalent salary of $49,
For further information
- Simon Lanycia