Great job, great company. Contact me to find out more..
- North Sydney offices
- Sponsorship available
- $95,000 + super on offer
Our client is passionate about delivering news, trends, market insights & intelligence, all to assist their audiences in making more sound investment decisions – via digital, webcast, podcast, events and social.
The company is one of the fastest growing media businesses in Australia and is highly awarded for its media brands, events, innovation and journalism. They connect audiences to news, features, insights and events, keeping them informed and connected to the industries they are interested in.
We are seeking a talented Editor to be the figurehead across two media brands, a property investment platform and a newly created SMSF platform; independent titles covering Australia’s fast-paced real estate and wealth management industries.
This is a rare opportunity to join a forward thinking, growing media company in a senior editorial role in which you will continue the journey for the titles.
As Editor you will be the ambassador for the brands that make up your suite. As well as producing your own news and features, you will establish and embed work practices and editorial principles that shape the content and events we produce. You will bring an open-minded, modern approach to journalism to grow cross-channel media platforms that embrace the varied and inter-connected way we reach audiences.
Specifically, you will;
- Report compelling news and create original features
- Lead, inspire and coach your editorial team – 2 reports
- Maintain and improve editorial operations to efficiently deliver compelling content to deadline
- Embed clear editorial personas and principles to ensure your titles meet changing audience expectations
- Make cross-channel, mixed-media content a core part of the editorial team’s daily output
- Be the face of each brand – delivering industry presentations and hosting podcasts
- Work in partnership with the sales team to drive the commercial success of your titles.
While a background in B2B titles for the Wealth/Real Estate industry would be great, it’s your key capabilities as an Editor that will set you apart.
You will be an experienced Editor with at least two years leading a title. You can confidently navigate the demands, cycles, tools and systems that make up a modern newsroom, delivering content for both print and digital platforms.
You will be a natural public speaker who gets a buzz from presenting on stage at large industry events and is a charismatic host and contributor on podcasts.
You will be able to take a step-back to set and build passion for the long-term editorial strategy to meet the title growth targets and to zoom-in to ensure the team is doing the right things in the right way to deliver content to deadline day-in, day-out.
Above all, you will be motivated to learn and be immersed in a subject area to become a thought leader in the industry.
- Be part of a dynamic, growing business where your input is encouraged
- Modern office with a vibrant, dynamic workplace culture
- Weekly fruit, discounted gym membership and regular staff events.
- Job Type
- $95,000 + super on offer
For further information
- Brenton Moore