Be part of an organisation that makes a difference and take the next step in your career.
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are now seeking a Direct Marketing Manager to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Acquisitions and Appeals Manager and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this pivotal role will support The Smith Family’s fundraising objectives by project managing the development, implementation and reporting of our direct marketing appeals and supporting activity, to deliver on income and supporter acquisition targets.
A day in the life of a Direct Marketing Manager might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with major suppliers, agencies, supporters and industry associations to achieve the objectives of this role
- Managing and reconciling relevant budget trackers to ensure each appeal operates within planned expense targets
- Contributing to fundraising and marketing strategies and plans with internal and external teams
- Day to day project management of the lead creative agency, with primary tasks including:
- Oversight of all data aspects of Direct Marketing Appeals including segmentation, checking data files and live laser sign-offs
- Cross channel activity management through direct mail, digital, above the line media (print, outdoor, radio, TV) and phone
- Project management of all creative and copy development aspects of campaigns, including the management of internal stakeholder input/approvals
- Managing integrated corporate partner activity
- Managing the Christmas catalogue (Joyspreaders) and eCards
It takes a special kind of person to be our Direct Marketing Manager. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Fundraising or related field
- Solid experience in the area of data-driven marketing and/or fundraising industry with a focus on direct marketing
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects successfully
- Demonstrated experience in managing 3rd party suppliers (eg agencies, mail houses, designers)
- Extensive experience in all aspects of direct marketing campaigns
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to interact and collaborate at all levels
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to delivery strong performance outcomes.
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, we’d love to hear from you.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
- Job Type
For further information
- Lee Grewal
- (02) 9085 4925 Monday – Wednesday