Take part in developing the communication and advertising strategy for a business conference that has established a distinct identity through constant innovation and a following from people representing a variety of industries across the globe.
Reports directly to the Marketing Manager
Roles and responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Melbourne Communication Manager, development of all scripting requirements for local content, including newsletters, videos, news articles, and social media
- Management of translation of English content to Chinese (Mandarin) and localising messaging to meet social customs and brand guidelines
- Management of campaigns, marketing collateral, communication tools and sales tools in collaboration with the team of biz dev specifically for the China market.
- Social media management – China: In conjunction with the Communications Manager:
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the company’s target customers in China
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written) in China
- Set up and optimize pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: WeChat and other Chinese-focussed social media)
- Create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review.
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed; Compile reports for management showing results
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Develop organizational elements in order to implement a proactive process for capturing happy, loyal customer online reviews in conjunction with Communications Manager
- Monitor local Chinese trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar marketing role
- Proven record of delivering a sound communication strategy against key internal performance indicators
- Fluent in English and Chinese (Mandarin) and proficient in both written and spoken communication
- Performance: quality output, achieving results, meeting targets
- Problem solving and decision making: using initiative, sound judgment
- Managing and developing: results gained from logical, effective time management and strategic planning
- Inventiveness: creativity, innovation, open to change flexibility
- Workplace contribution: positive addition to workplace through attitude and output, adheres to WH&S requirements
- Professionalism: personal presentation, upholds company branding, commitment to quality
- Proficient in using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and WordPress, and ability to pick up new collaborative technologies such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Asana and Slack etc.
- Proficient in use of WeChat and other local social media/communication tools in China
- Flexibility to work outside of standard business hours for events as required.
This is a 0.2 FTE equivalent contract, offering flexibility. If this sounds like a role you’ll love, we want to chat. Send us a resume with a description of your past work and let us know why it’s the role for you.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Specialist – China”.
- Job Type
For further information
- Meryn Pratt
- +61 419321771