Assist in strengthening the profile of the University’s Mission and Catholic Identity by creating content for a range of publications and digital platforms.
- Assist in strengthening the profile of the University’s Mission and Catholic Identity
- Create content for a range of publications and digital platforms
- Full time, continuing role based in North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Marketing and External Relations Portfolio, under the direction of the Director of MER, encompasses Communications and Creative Services; Digital Experience; Future Students and Advancement; and Market Insights.
ACU is looking for a Communications Officer with excellent writing and proofing skills, advanced communication skills, and a familiarity with the Catholic media environment in Australia.
You will conduct interviews and write, edit and publish engaging content tailored to the requirements of the target audience and within the restrictions of the various platforms.
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- completion of a relevant undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- the ability to develop stories for free media coverage across a range of platforms and channels
- developed knowledge of the mission, teachings and practices of the Catholic faith, including an understanding of media in the Catholic context
- the ability to apply public relations or marketing theory into practice to create positive organisational outcomes.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description on the ACU Careers Website. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the “Apply” link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $89,617-$96,302 pa, including salary component $75,727- $81,376pa Higher Education Worker Level 6), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Ms Jen Rosenberg, Senior Corporate Communications Advisor on 0407 845 634.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday 21 February 11.55pm
- Job Type
- $75,727 - $81,376 pa
For further information
- Jen Rosenberg
- 0407 845 634