Take part in developing the communication and advertising strategy for a business conference that has established a distinct identity through constant innovation and a following from people representing a variety of industries across the globe.
Reports directly to the Marketing Manager
Roles and responsibilities:
- Development of all copywriting and scripting requirements for local content, including newsletters, videos, news articles, and social media
- Support the Marketing Manager on the development of advertising campaigns
- Management of campaigns, marketing collateral, communication tools and sales tools in collaboration with the team of biz dev
- Creation and management of the newsletter strategy and content creation, including building and sending newsletters (via Mailchimp). Some list management will be required
- Creation of all content pieces with external partners (as required)
- Management of relationships with external partners in relation to the communication plan (eg, Graphic Design, Website)
- Manage the local website content to ensure messaging is in line with the marketing and communication objectives, both directly and in conjunction with internal tech team/ external suppliers as required
- Social media management
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the company’s target customers.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Set up and optimize pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
- Create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review.
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI).
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Develop organizational elements in order to implement a proactive process for capturing happy, loyal customer online reviews.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar marketing role
- Proven record of delivering a sound communication strategy against key internal performance indicators
- Fluent in English and proficient in both written and spoken communication
- Performance: quality output, achieving results, meeting targets
- Problem solving and decision making: using initiative, sound judgment
- Managing and developing: results gained from logical, effective time management and strategic planning
- Inventiveness: creativity, innovation, open to change flexibility
- Workplace contribution: positive addition to workplace through attitude and output, adheres to WH&S requirements
- Professionalism: personal presentation, upholds company branding, commitment to quality
- Proficient in using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Mailchimp and WordPress, social media platforms and tools, and ability to pick up new collaborative technologies such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Asana and Slack etc.
- Flexibility to work outside of standard business hours for events as required.
This is a 0.8FTE equivalent contract, offering flexibility. If this sounds like a role you’ll love, we want to chat. Send us a resume with a description of your past work and let us know why it’s the role for you.
Email email@example.com with the subject line “Communications Manager”.
- Job Type
For further information
- Meryn Pratt
- +61 419321771