We are looking for a digitally-focused communications strategist
• Marketing, Recruitment and Channel Integration
• HEW 8: $92,838 – $100,221 plus 17% super
• Full-time, 24-month fixed term contract, Hawthorn location
Swinburne University of Technology has a long, proud history of educating and training students for over 100 years. Swinburne focuses on providing high-quality, career-oriented education with strong links to industry and the community. Swinburne currently has over 54,000 students.
About the role
• Key leadership role within the Marketing Services and Technology team
• Be part of implementing the full Adobe Experience Cloud
• Lead the evolution of a customer segment strategy
As part of our ongoing commitment to improving student engagement, retention and administration, we are looking for a digitally-focused communications strategist to join the Marketing Services and Technology team as Channel Communications Manager (Current Students).
In this role, you will lead a diverse mix of communications strategies and tactics for the current students audience segment. With strong appetite for innovation and optimisation, you will provide audience analysis to support lifecycle and engagement planning, and you will use insights and feedback to drive continuous improvement.
With a broad range of internal clients, you will be able to balance competing priorities and deadlines, and you will have strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills that position you as a trusted adviser on all matters regarding the current students audience segment.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
• Degree level qualifications in communications/marketing and extensive experience and management expertise; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
• Experience in the analysis and management of defined audience segments to deliver on customer acquisition, retention and engagement objectives.
• Experience in delivering a diverse mix of campaigns, including automation, social, content, web, and email.
• Experience in using technology to improve the process and performance of communications/marketing activity.
A full list of the selection criteria is available in the position description
As a Swinburne staff member you will have access to many benefits such as career development opportunities including 50% study reduction and staff and management development programs. You will receive up to 17% employer contributions (pension) and various discounts on annual Myki cards, private health insurance and movie tickets. We also recognise the need to support the work/life balance and flexible needs of our staff. As such a range of flexible working arrangements including paid maternity/partner leave, onsite childcare, working from home and part time options are available.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit:
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the university workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2015 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2020 vision to be Australia’s leading university of science, technology and innovation.
How to apply
To start an application, click on ‘begin’ at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information, please contact Mat Bartnik on +61 3 9214 5767.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties submitting your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Refer to position numbers: TBC
Applications close: 11pm on Sunday 10 December 2017
- Job Type
- HEW 8: $92,838 - $100,221 plus 17% super
For further information
- Mat Bartnik
- +61 3 9214 5767