This role would ideally suit a recent graduate with sales experience. Working across our media and travel titles, you will work within a market vertical & receive training to understand, comprehend & engage our clients.
POSITION TITLE: Business Development Executive
PRODUCTS: Events, Display and Content
The Misfits Media Company is Australia’s most exciting media, marketing and advertising collective located in the heart of Sydney’s vibrant hub of creativity Surry Hills.
Despite being only three years old, we possess some of the country’s most iconic brands such as B&T, the Encore Directory and Travel Weekly. Despite having these aces up our sleeve, we’re not going to rest on our laurels. We’re actively pursuing further acquisitions and hatching plans for spectacular launches into other markets.
Our people are the foundation of our company. When we recruit, we choose a new member of our family. Our motto is “Recruit for attitude, train for skill”. We focus on empowering staff at all levels to bring their own personality into their work and to take calculated risks from time to time. In short, we play with the rules, not just within them.
Our client base includes Flight Centre, Qantas, Helloworld, Sri Lanka Tourism and Contiki to name just a few.
You will work within the travel market vertical & receive training to understand, comprehend & engage our clients. The role will focus on existing and new business. The promotion of new products and value added services is critical. You will be responsible for our client’s product/service experience and you will have revenue sales targets.
What you will do:
- Grow revenue yield and market-share across our networks
- Establish new & existing business relationships with prospective advertisers
- Ensure correct information is passed on to production so that ads are booked and placed correctly
- Help the Group Sales manager with a business plan
- Maintain CRM database against your group of accounts
- Develop long term customer relationships
- Communicate professionally and openly with all team members
- Meet and exceed budgets and provide effective forecasting
- Be engaged, flexible and ambitious
- Attend training and coaching sessions and put action plans in to practice
- Update booking spreadsheets, run sheets and forecasts as required
- Monitor and analyse market-share against your clients and agencies in a competitive environment
- Update sales manager via reporting of sales appointments and activity and follow up with information in sales meetings
What will you look like:
- Previous sales experience in either media, retail, real estate, employment or charity
- Solid presentation and public speaking skills
- High energy levels including demonstrated levels resilience and persistence in the face of rejection
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt quickly and positively in a constantly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of and contribute positively and proactively to the team environment
- An ability to work autonomously with high levels of self motivation
- Confidence, energy and passion
- The drive to over-achieve and develop as a person
What you will get:
- An educational training & induction program across media
- Competitive salary, with a high earning potential. Commission on whatever you sell.
- A few many laughs, really good fun and the opportunity to grow & interact with an amazing team
So looking to stretch your skills in an awesome workplace? THEN APPLY NOW! Interested applicants are invited to apply or contact Ruth Arimado on 0413 524 740, email@example.com.
Competitive Base Salary + Super + Commission
5-10% on everything you sell
- Job Type
- Competitive Base Salary + Super + Comms
For further information
- Ruth Arimado
- 0435 223 970