Are you a qualified and experienced Account Executive or Junior Account Manager?
Are you a qualified and experienced Account Executive or Junior Account Manager, with the capacity to thrive working across multiple streams of responsibility? We seek an exceptional professional to join our small studio team working on national and international projects.
Sydney-based Balarinji is a leading strategy and design practice. Established in 1983, we have been at the forefront of Australian strategy and design for more than 30 years and are best known for conceptualising Aboriginal art on Qantas aircraft.
We assist our national and international clients with design and communications, digital, construction, interiors, public art, and strategic review and planning. Balarinji’s affiliated not-for-profit, The Nangala Project, is an initiative with a vision to create an environment for sustainable change to benefit children and youth in remote Indigenous communities.
Reporting to the Director Business Relationships, the role of Account Executive /Junior Account Manager is a full-time permanent position that supports the creative studio team. An integral and varied position, you will provide a variety of support services in new business development, client liaison and project management.
The opportunity open to you will require the following skills and attributes to be successful:
Position Qualification & Experience Requirements:
- Degree qualified
- 1-2 years experience as an Account Manager or 3+ years experience as an Account Executive in creative industries or agency environment.
- Experience in design/marketing/advertising or communications.
- Experience within industries such as construction, design, public art, production/fabrication or events desirable but not essential.
- Excellent organisational skills in the coordination of multiple deliverables with competing deadlines.
- A self-starter who is an articulate and trusted written and verbal communicator, capable of working diligently and autonomously.
- Detail orientated with a very high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work with initiative and cohesively within a small team environment.
- IT proficiency across MS Office on Mac Platform, primarily Excel and Word and Powerpoint. Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, primarily InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat would be advantageous.
- Full administrative and office support to the Director Business Relationships, Project Manager and Design studio.
- Schedule client and internal studio meetings. Coordinate preparation for client meetings, take meeting notes, create follow-up action plans, and provide updates in a timely manner.
- Assist with preparation of proposals and business development presentations.
- Understand client briefs to draft proposals that meet client requirements.
- Understands budgets in line with scoping, pitching or implementing deliverables.
- Present Balarinji’s capabilities and credentials to clients, under direction and interact directly with junior/mid level clients.
- Liaise with stakeholders, suppliers and fabricators in regards to quotes, specifications, purchase orders and warranties.
- Create project handover briefs from business development to studio delivery.
- As required assist the Project Manager in the co-ordination of project-specific deliverables.
- May manage the delivery of small – medium projects – with direction from the Project Manager.
- Assist with document proof reading and the drafting of various forms of collateral, contracts and reports.
- Efficient and structured file management of all documents on central server.
- Tracking and recording project deliverables through the studio work flow management system (Workflow Max).
- Ad hoc duties as required.
As an Account Executive/Junior Account Manager with a proven background, you will be an excellent verbal and written communicator, maintain the highest ethics, integrity and professionalism, and have a strong team player mindset. The studio team is a highly effective, collaborative and member-supportive unit within the company.
This position is available immediately, and is located in a light and airy contemporary office in Crows Nest, Sydney, close to public transport.
- Job Type
For further information
Contact: Rosa Mazzapica
Phone: (02) 9908 2416