The inaugural Towards 2030 Forum, presented by News Corp Australia, is a natural extension to B&T’s 30 Under 30 Awards.
Attendees have the chance to take part in speed mentoring with the top 8 senior leaders from across the marketing, media and advertising industry and gain up-close exposure to highly successful and inspiring business pioneers.
Meet Our Mentors:
Kimberlee Wells CEO, TBWA
Tony Phillips CMO, News Corp Australia
Aimee Buchanan CEO, OMD Australia
Jaimes Leggett Group CEO Australasia, M&C Saatchi Australia
Jason Dooris Group CEO, Atomic 212 Group
Sean Seamer CEO, MediaCom Australia
Jane Huxley MD, Pandora
Mark Green Owner/CEO, The Monkeys
In the spirit of collaboration, there will also be a cross-agency, cross-business hackathon, guided by 16 top experts from the industry, with the aim of driving tomorrow’s talent forward in thinking what an ideal agency should look like in 2030.
Attendees will benefit from the rich pool of ideas on how agencies and media companies can respond to increasing disruption to take back to their respective agencies and companies.
|8.45:00-8:50am||Welcome and housekeeping by MC|
|8:50-9:10am||Introductory Keynote – speaker TBC|
|9:10am-12:10pm||Speed Mentoring – small groups rotate every 20 minutes to meet a different mentor, with morning tea break from 10.35-10.50am.|
|12:55-2:25pm||Hackathon – Create your ideal agency of the future – 8 groups of 20 attendees each, each group lead by 2 table captains, with afternoon tea break from 2:25-2:40pm.|
|2:40-4:45pm||Presentation from each team – Table captains form the judging panel, giving score out of 100 for each team (cannot score own team).|
Hackathon – Create your ideal agency of the future – 12.55-4.45pm
The hackathon component of the day aims to challenge attendees with a task of creating their dream agency of the future and pitching it, ala Shark Tank style, to win investment from VCs.
Each group of 20 participants will be guided by 2 table captains – multi-discipline experts of our field – to create their dream agency. With tasks including:
- Creating an executive summary of the agency – Including a business name, tagline, description and vision for this agency.
- Construct the basic structure of the agency – What are the main roles of this business?
- Outlining unique offerings by their agency – What are their main services? How do they stack up in an increasingly fragmented market? Anticipate types of services that’ll be in demand in the next 5-10 years.
- Establishing the pillars of their agency culture and values – What makes their agency distinctive? How will this culture impact on innovation, staff development and retention, and ultimately, commercial outcome?
- Pitching to VCs – the table captains will form the judging panel of acting VCs (cannot judge their own team). Attendees need to convince them on why this agency should exist and why the VCs should invest.