The Outdoor Media Association (OMA) and its members have again partnered with the Australian Federal Police (AFP) for National Missing Persons Week (NMPW).
The two organisations have launched a national out-of-home (OOH) campaign highlighting the profiles of missing persons cases.
This year, OMA members have generously donated an estimated 5,000 OOH signs Australia-wide, valued at approximately $1.6 million – the largest donation in the history of the partnership.
Participating OMA members include: Adshel, APN Outdoor, Bishopp Outdoor Advertising, JCDecaux, oOh!media, QMS Media, Tonic Health Media, and TorchMedia.
Originally developed following the disappearance of Queensland resident Tony Jones in 1988, the 2018 campaign marks the 30th anniversary of the NMPW initiative, the 10th year of the OOH industry’s support in New South Wales (NSW), and the 4th year in partnership with the AFP.
This year the Outdoor campaign will focus on the following missing people:
- Neville Archer – last seen in Mandurah, Western Australia, on 9 August 1991.
- Kasper Ellis – last seen in Trinder Park, Queensland, on 24 December 2015.
- John Forster – last seen in Diamond Creek, Victoria, on 7 October 2017.
- Youliang Lin – last seen in Castle Hill, NSW, on 15 September 2017.
- Paddy Moriarty – last seen in Larrimah, Northern Territory, on 16 December 2017.
- Jean Policarpio – last seen in Bonner, ACT, on 26 September 2017.
- Nicholas Pavlidis – last seen in Currambine, WA, on 14 October 2015.
- Scott Redman – last seen in Kimba, South Australia, on 21 April 2018.
- Naz Woldemichael – last seen in Hobart, Tasmania, on 9 October 2016.
OMA general manager Tess Phillips said: “The OMA deeply values its sponsorship of NMPW and is proud to help mark 30 years of the campaign, and 10 years of OOH industry support.
“OOH is the number one always-on place where people go to stay connected, which means it’s perfectly positioned to broadcast critical information on missing loved ones. We encourage the public to look carefully at the campaign and come forward with information.”
NMPW runs from Sunday 5 August to Saturday 11 August.