Lung Foundation Australia has launched a national competition, Just One Breath, looking for creative interpretations that will inspire Australians on the power of breath.
Whether you’re a writer, filmmaker, illustrator, poet, musician, or another creative genius – now is your chance to share your hero story by shooting a short film, writing an inspirational poem, snapping a jaw-dropping photo, writing a song, illustrating, painting… simply, creating your own interpretive masterpiece.
Just One Breath stimulates conversation in Australia on the importance of breath and breathing. We take our heart and breast health seriously. Now it’s time for us to start taking our lung health just as seriously. The competition aims to inspire Aussies to think about their lungs, and create stories that can be shared socially to promote better lung health.
- Grand Prize of $5,000 for the most inspirational entry
- 3 x People’s Choice prizes of $1,000 each
- 15 x Highly Commended prizes
Several Australian identities have lent their support, with a series of short films that capture their personalised Just One Breath tips. They include:
- Jess Fox, Australian World Champion Slalom Canoeist
- Casey Dellacqua, Australian professional tennis champion
- Christine Anu, multi-Aria Award winning singer/songwriter and actress
- Matt Hall, Red Bull Air Race World Champion
- Archie Roach, Australian musician, singer/songwriter and guitarist
All short films are available at Justonebreath.com.au, the consumer platform for the competition, and home to a variety of other resources including a simple Lung Health Checklist. Educational Kits for the competition (postcards, posters, fact sheets) are also available to download on the site, by mail, and at select creative education institutions in Australia.
Entries close July 15, 2015. For full competition details, click here.