Applications have opened for this year’s second Copy School in Sydney, sponsored by NewsMediaWorks, with another world-class line-up of guest creative tutors.
Copy School is designed to encourage the best quality copywriting across all media channels, and engages some of Australia’s leading advertising creative directors and copywriters, as well as news media editors, to pass on their knowledge and experience.
Held from Monday 27 November to Friday 1 December as five half-day workshops, Copy School is seeking up to 20 young copywriters, or those wanting to become a copywriter, to attend.
The convenor of this Copy School is Phillip Putnam, who will host some of the industry’s best senior creative talent and a senior newspaper editor. All tutors donate their time to be at the Sydney Copy School, including:
- Ted Horton – chief creative officer, Big Red
- Ralph Van Dyke – founder, Eardrum
- Jonathan Kneebone – founder/writer and project director, The Glue Society
- Ben Sampson – creative director, The Monkeys
- Rebecca Currasco – creative consultant
- Tim Brown – creative partner, Disciple
- Rob Morrison – creative director, Ogilvy Sydney
- Alexandra Smith – education editor, The Sydney Morning Herald
- Roseanna Donovan – creative consultant
Copy School will provide participants with a real-world brief that will be presented and critiqued on the final morning of the course.
The workshop fee is just $250 per student. Copy School will donate the fully tax-deductible fee to The Oasis Centre (The Salvation Army).
CopySchool Sydney will be held at Fairfax Media HQ (1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont) from 9am to 12pm daily.
Copy School convenor Ray Black said: “Sydney Copy School continues to be a great success, due in no small part to the commitment and generosity of our tutors.
“Copy School is focused on how to creative great, effective advertising for brands and has attracted a range of students from junior writers at agencies to marketers themselves.”
For further information, click here or contact Kylie Hannah on 0404 000 664 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.